Saturday, October 5, 2013

Five for Friday 10-4-13 (on a Saturday) Linky Party

Aloha,

Wow, I forget each year how busy the fall can be with holidays, conferences and after school activities, I easily get lost in all of the fun. Here is a quick five for Friday thanks to Doodle Bugs. fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]
Divider-1_thumb13
We travele to Asutralia this week in our classroom after succesfully completing two weeks in the Texan Wild West. For a fun little snack we made Wombat Stew thanks to this recipe.
 

 
Divider-2_thumb4



 We have a new puppy at home...need I say more. He is super sweet and smart.
 
Divider-3_thumb4
Next week we will begin learning about insects and arachnids. To get my students excited I put out a bunch of fun things in our room. I overheard this little sweeting say "oh cool" on her way to sharpening her pencil.
 




Divider-4_thumb5

 
 
 
I always loved Deanna's Chit-Chat messages so this summer I spent some time creating my messages for the year. Each months worth of messages are in their own chart book (from Wal-Mart). This one is from my soon to be published Australia unit on Teachers Pay Teachers. It comes with the words to write, picture and graphic. I can't believe how much better my students are at phonics this year because of this. I also couldn't believe that half of my class hasn't been snorkling!
 


Divider-5_thumb5



So, if you haven't figure it out already, I love animals and food. On the way to school Friday morning there were two little (wild) piggies who ran out in front of me. I am glad that they are pretty much the largest wild animals around here.
 
Happy Friday on a Saturday...

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I found your blog over at Doodle Bugs! Your classroom looks adorable and I love how you use post it notes on you Chit Chat Messages:) Super smart time saver!

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete